Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bloomberg Function Comparision

I found a version of my idea at work. Another parallel can be drawn to a function that I use in Bloomberg called COMB. In finance we use COMB to determine a bond's relative value as compared to other bonds with similar maturities, ratings, currencies, and industry classifications. COMB use a default search to find comparable bonds and displays the current price, yield, and spreads for each security.

So basically in English this means when I have a bond load into the system I can then ask Bloomberg to search though thousands of other bonds to find a similar bond. This function is like a thesaurus for bonds. Note, one does not have to modify the filter for the search to be successful. Bonds are more like words, while restaurants have more song like qualities, ie. there is some qualitative aspect that needs interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment